Euromoney Seminars has been at the forefront of this exciting industry for the past eight years and continues to deliver the premier Islamic finance event for the industry. Playing host to the industry’s most senior and distinguished representatives, the summit provides an incomparable platform on which to network and debate the most pressing issues within Islamic finance.
“Renowned for the seniority of the audience and excellent agenda, Euromoney Seminars’ summit offers the perfect mix of market insight and networking opportunity”
Nabeel Shoaib, Global Head, HSBC Amanah
“Euromoney Seminars’ yearly Islamic Finance Summit is a must in the Islamic Finance events calendar”
Dr. Hussein A. Hassan, Head of Islamic Finance Structuring, Deutsche Bank
“This is THE Islamic finance event for most market practitioners. Euromoney Seminars has consistently sustained both quality of content and a diverse and growing delegate list that offers excellent networking.”
Stella Cox, Managing Director, DDCap
“A first-rate conference with high quality speakers, topical debate and extensive networking opportunities”
Michael Clark, Chief Executive Officer, European Finance House
Key issues to be discussed at the 2009 Summit include:
- Is GCC liquidity drying up and will this cause a further slowdown of Islamic loan and bond issuance?
- How have the AAOIFI rulings impacted the sukuk market? Are true-sale securitisations a viable option in the current market?
- What risks are Islamic financial institutions exposed to and how are they being mitigated with structured products?
- Can the GCC mega-projects still get done in the current credit climate?
- Innovations in wealth management – is there sufficient product in the market for a balanced portfolio?
- Can European borrowers tap Islamic liquidity and what kind of premium must they pay?
Featured speakers include:
- Sheikh Hussain Hamed Hassan
- Dr. Mohamed A. Elgari
- Sheikh Nizam Yaquby
- Dr. Muhammad Imran Ashraf Usmani
- Sheikh Esam M. Ishaq
- Dr. Mohammed Daud Bakar
- Mufti Abdul Kadir Barkatulla
Regulators and public agencies:
- Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Governor, Central Bank of M
- Sheikh Salem Abdul Aziz Al-Sabah, Governor, Central Bank of Kuwait
- Dr. Shamshad Akhtar, Governor, State Bank of Pakistan
- Dr. Ahmad Jachi, First Vice Governor and Chairman of Islamic Banking, Central Bank of Lebanon
- Khalid Hamad, Executive Director, Banking Supervision, Central Bank of Bahrain
- Dr. Mohamad Nedal Al Chaar, Secretary General, AAOIFI
- René Karsenti, Executive President, International Capital Market Association (ICMA)
- George Handjinicolaou, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
We look forward to welcoming you to London next February.
For further details visit: www.islamicfinancesummit.com