NEW UPDATES: DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE NOW OR CLICK ON "CONFERENCE AGENDA"
The backlog of energy transactions built up during the crisis is starting to clear but there is still an important role for ECAs, development banks and multilateral institutions to play; particularly in emerging markets where long-term financing from the private sector is still behind pre-crisis levels.
ECA supported debt financing remains a key tool for the funding for infrastructure, power and renewable projects throughout Asia Pacific. Despite the widespread economic contraction, the renewable energy sector grew faster than conventional energy markets, especially in this region.
In its second year, the Development and Agency Finance Asia Pacific Conference will feature an in-depth coverage of how ECAs and commercial lenders are collaborating in the financing of developments in energy and infrastructure in emerging market countries. During this event, commercial lenders, private sector insurers, project sponsors, power providers, importers and exporters will network with decision makers in ECAs and multilateral institutions to discuss deal pipelines and project collaborations.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- Update on ECA and multilateral finance – where are we this year?
- Country focused session on Asia's hottest markets: Vietnam, Indonesia and India
- Session dedicated to discussing the financing of infrastructure, energy and renewable projects in the region
Over 40 prominent speakers have confirmed their participation at this event already. Some key speakers include:
ECAs and Multilaterals
- Toshimasa Dojima, Principal Financing Partnership Specialist, Office of Cofinancing Operations, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Minoru Kaneko, Chief Representative, Singapore, NEXI
- Kyungbae Bang, Director, National Project Support Team, Green Growth Business Department, Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (K-Sure)
- Rob Simmons, Chief Representative, Southeast Asia, Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Jeffrey Abramson, Vice President, Head of Trade Finance, Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Marc Murcia, Director, State Guarantees Department, Coface
- Nguyen Thien Bao, CEO, PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC)
- Emma Sri Martini, President Director, PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (SMI)
- R Priyono, Chairman, BP Migas
- Suryanarayan Ramanan, Marketing Director, GE Energy
Financiers and Project Advisors
- Eli Hassine, Global Head of Export & Agency Finance, SMBC
- Louis Taylor, CEO, Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia, Standard Chartered
- Matthias Schemuth, Partner, Ashurst
- JR Ching, Vice President, Structured Finance, Asia Ex-Japan, Goldman Sachs
- Simon Jones, Head of Structured Export Finance, Asia, ANZ
- Sumanta Panigrahi, Head of Export & Agency Finance, Asia, Citi
- Alan Schiffman, Co-head, Asia Pacific, Head, Asia Pacific Energy & Infrastructure Projects, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
For more information, please contact:
Tabetha Lim, firstname.lastname@example.org, for speaking opportunities.
Emma Donald, email@example.com, for sponsorship or exhibiting opportunities.
Carmen Siu, firstname.lastname@example.org, for registration or marketing opportunities.