Euromoney Seminars and Project Finance Magazine proudly present The 4th Annual Canadian Power Finance Conference. Last year, over 240 market-makers gathered to debate the most pressing issues in Canada’s power finance market.
Once again, Toronto is the place to hear an esteemed line-up of speakers discuss the strategies and innovative deal structures needed to develop Canada’s pipeline of projects. The event offers a platform for debate and networking that is invaluable to any participant in the Canadian power finance space.
Register today and benefit from:
· Expert insight into the important issues affecting the industry now
· Extensive networking opportunities with key government officials, utilities, regulators, developers, manufacturers, banks, life co.'s, equity investors, lawyers and advisors
· Real-time market intelligence from industry leaders, including the key developers bringing power projects to market
Key topics to be discussed:
· Developers’ panel: What finance is needed to develop Canada’s short- and long-term power project pipeline?
· How can ECAs help provide long-term liquidity to Canadian power finance deals?
· Bringing PPPs to the power sector
· Transmission: Managing grid access and economics
· Alternative sources of finance: What is driving investment in power and renewable assets?
· What conditions must be in place to make solar projects bankable?
· Aboriginal-led power projects: Drawing from deal experience to debate financing strategies
· Canada’s changing lending landscape: What financing options are still available to IPPs?
· How can the bond market become a key source of long-term capital for Canadian power projects?
Expert speakers confirmed to speak this year include:
Mike Garland, Chief Executive Officer, Pattern Energy
Himanshu Saxena, Managing Director, Starwood Energy Group Global
Jean Trudel, Chief Investment Officer and Senior Vice-President – Communications, Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.
Linda Bertoldi, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Paul Bradley, Chief Financial Officer, Northland Power
Paul Cutler, Treasurer, NextEra Energy
Ian Robertson, Chief Executive Officer, Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
Nancy Tower, Executive Vice President, Business Development, Emera Inc.
and Chief Executive Officer, Emera Newfoundland and Labrador
Jonathan Duguay-Arbesfeld, Vice President, Casgrain & Company
Jan Carr, Corporate Director and Former Chief Executive Officer, Ontario Power Authority
David Erickson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO)
Carmelo Restifo, Vice President - Director, Power and Utilities, Union Bank Canada Branch
Geraint Breeze, Executive Director, Project Finance, Power and Infrastructure, CIBC
William Sutherland, Senior Managing Director, Manulife Financial Corporation
A. Murray Eastwood, Senior Director, Energy and Infrastructure, CIT Canada
Bruce Fowler, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Grant Arnold, Vice President, Business Development and Operations, BluEarth Renewables
John Brace, Chief Executive Officer, Northland Power
Dan Woznow, Divisional Vice President Asset Management - Power, AltaGas Ltd.
Valerie Helbronner, Partner, Torys LLP
Bill Nguyen, Director, Project Finance and Corporate Development, SunEdison
Dave Rogers, Chief Executive Officer, AMP Solar Group Inc.
John Carson, Chief Executive Officer, Alterra Power Corp
Michelle Chislett, Vice President – Solar Development, International Power Canada and Member of the Board, CanSIA
Scott Kraag, Partner, Torys LLP
Paul Harricks, Partner, Gowlings
Michael Smerdon, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice-President, Capstone Infrastructure Corporation
Mary Hemmingsen, Senior Vice President, Brookfield
Darren Finkbeiner, Manager of Market Development, Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
Mike Crawley, President, International Power Canada (IPR-GDF Suez)
JoAnne Butler, Vice President, Electricity Resources, Ontario Power Authority
Doug Ewing, Vice President, Projects, Partnerships British Columbia
Jim Harbell, Partner, Stikeman Elliott LLP
Jean Letourneau, CPA, CA, Vice President, Finance, Kruger Energy Inc.
Matt O’Brien, President, Connor Clark & Lunn Infrastructure
Lewis Smith, Partner, Stikeman Elliott LLP
Here's what some of the delegates from 2012 had to say:
“An informative event that will help all in the power industry successfully navigate and assess risks, processes, jurisdictions and opportunities”
-James Crouse, Nordex USA
“The one conference to attend for renewable finance”
-Guy Painchaud, Eolectric
We look forward to seeing you in January in Toronto.
For further information on Euromoney Seminars and Project Finance Magazine’s 4th Annual Canadian Power Finance Conference, please contact:
For sponsorship opportunities, Kim Kingston +1 212 224 3481 firstname.lastname@example.org
For registrations or marketing opportunities, Tom Barnes +44 (0)20 7779 8775 email@example.com
To discuss content, Claire Mulry +44 (0) 20 7779 8055 firstname.lastname@example.org