Only 15% of FX trading volume today involves human beings on telephone-driven transactions.
The top five market-making banks now only account for 44% of total volume.
Electronic trading continues to dominate FX, with traditional market-makers rapidly innovating to compete against the rising ‘non-banks’. Meanwhile the buyside more and more treats FX as its own asset-class, with desks adapting to more integrated trading strategy across asset-classes. With Global Code of Conduct implementation getting nearer and a diverse range of technology looking to capitalise, this conference is the ultimate opportunity to gather the most senior FX professionals together to display their thought-leadership, understand how these changes affect their business, and give you the chance to ultimately establish relationships and make deals with the incumbent and new players in this rapidly innovating industry.
Driving eFX innovation and connecting investors in an era of technological change, competition, and regulatory uncertainty
Building on session formats and high-seniority speakers we’ve delivered through our Electronic Bond Trading Forums, the FX eTrading Forum will feature:
- Roundtable discussions, each on a different subject with hosts from across the value-chain
- Vendor pitch-offs, giving you some insight into the innovation that FX’s brightest entrepreneurs are bringing to the market.
- Panel discussions with real debate from high-seniority speakers.
- Audience polling, giving you real-time insight into the industry’s concerns on eFX and technological change.
Key themes at the conference include:
- How will the market resolve a lack of depth of liquidity in FX market-making?
- How much client order visibility is required to create a truly transparent marketplace?
- Examining the new risk-takers in FX: How will entry-costs become reflective of the market’s liquidity requirements?
- How are new stringent risk management requirements for buyside clients impacting liquidity?
- How confident are the buyside that centralized execution and multi-asset offering will enhance market stability?
Key speakers include:
- Andy Coyne, CEO and Co-Founder, Cobalt DL
- Robert Boukhoufane, Global Head of FX Trading, Schröders
- Michael O’Brien, Global Head of Trading, Eaton Vance
- Jon Vollemaere, CEO, R5FX
- Pete Eggleston, Co-Founder & Director, BestX Ltd.
Benefits of attending:
- What Euromoney’s FX Survey didn’t tell you: Hear the people behind the survey present previously unseen data to eFX volume breakdowns, survey methodology, and back-office cost analysis.
- Understand the real potential of distributed ledger technology in FX through panels and presentations from upcoming firms dedicated to furthering Blockchain.
- Network with the biggest buyside names in FX, and hear how they’re adapting their desks and connecting with clients to achieve Best Execution.
- Firm pricing; TCA; client visibility; FX derivatives clearing: Gain unique access to thought-leadership from across the FX value chain as they discuss these issues in detail.
- Most importantly, establish your business, and expand your deal-making opportunities to a limited audience of only the most senior professionals in FX.
Attendees at our other Fintech portfolio events had this to say;
“Excellent forum to introduce and update current issues in the etrading world.” - Andrew Green, Bond Trader, Formerly Investec AM
"This conference allowed delegates the possibilities to discuss e-trading challenges in an unertain regulatory environment" - Brett Chappell, Head of Fixed Income, Nordea AM
"The most vivid, engaging and interactive panel discussions I have ever witnessed" - Maria Semenova, Financial Director, Alpicom S.A
"This perfectly arranged event addressed some of the most relevant topics and enabled dialogues, networking and learning" - Erik Punt, Chief Product Manager, Danske Bank
To register, and for any queries about the event, please contact: Ed Thatcher at email@example.com
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact George Johnstone at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in speaking opportunities, please contact George Khachadourian at email@example.com