With the 2009’s economic crisis subsiding, trade and export finance specialists have been quick in picking through the rubble to get deals moving again.
It is widely argued that liquidity constraints imposed on banks following the Basel II accords are prohibitive for trade finance departments within financial institutions in certain regions – but this is not stopping the trade finance industry from moving ahead with vigor in the Asian context. Powerhouse China is leading the way as it continues to build global trade avenues. And for Asia a whole the solidity of intra-Asian trade flows has been a real buffer through the global crisis.
It is clear that Asia is going to be leading the global recovery in 2010 and mirroring this banks are developing strategies to strengthen their offerings and rebuilding their trade and export finance teams accordingly.
As companies also continue to ramp-up their activities in and out of Asia, highlighting the region’s increasing importance as an origination as well as destination for trade financing, we are pleased to invite you to our 9th Annual Structured Trade & Export Finance Asia-Pacific Conference this June in Shanghai. As the leading and established independent event for trade and export finance industry across Asia, this year’s agenda will feature key coverage of the main issues and trends facing the market, including:
- Macroeconomic and analysis of the crucial trade flows in and out of Asia
- Tools for facilitating trade finance solutions for corporates in the region
- The role of ECAs and DFIs in supporting Asia’s trading and export/import industries
- The effective tools for mitigating risk in structured trade and export finance
- Renminbi (RMB) Cross border trade settlement: Heating up international trade
Confirmed speakers include:
- NEW Jaimin Lee, Executive Director and Head of Export Credit Group, Export-Import Bank of Korea
- NEW Antoine Gustin, Head of Export Finance Greater China, BNP Paribas
- NEW Paul Gardner, Managing Director, Regional Head of Structured Trade & Export Finance, Asia Pacific, Deutsche Bank
- NEW Yung Sheng Lee, Executive Director, Head of Trade Sales, North Asia, J.P. Morgan
- S. Sridhar, Chairman, Central Bank of India
- Kirk Livingston, Senior Vice President, International Business Development, IMW Industries & CEO, IMW Compressors (Shanghai) Co. Ltd
- Sergey Smykov, Deputy Director, Project Finance Department, Huawei
- Pascal Serre, Head of Special Project & Financial Solutions, South & South East Asia, Alcatel-Lucent
- Christopher Harris, Vice President, Capital Markets, GE
- Arun Sharma, Chief Investment Officer, Global Financial Markets, IFC
- Motofumi Ochi, Chief Representative in Beijing, JBIC
- Minoru Kaneko, Chief representative, Singapore, NEXI
- Marina Vettese, Head of Hong Kong Office, SACE
- Connie Leung, Head of Trade and Supply Chain, SWIFT
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero, Chief Economist for Emerging Markets, BBVA
- Ralph Lai, Commissioner, Hong Kong Export Credit Insurance Corporation
- Robert Lin, Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Asia Pacific, TradeCard
- David Anderson, Senior Vice President and Regional Manager, Asia-Pacific, Zurich
- Dennis Eucogco, Vice President, Zurich
- Michael Young, Deputy General Manager of Corporate Investment Banking, General Manager of Trade Finance, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank
- Hun-Chul Chun, Director of Financing Program Team, Export-Import Bank of Korea
Over 150 attendees were in Shanghai last year to network and discuss how the trade finance industry could respond to the economic crisis. A year on and this is the perfect time to return to Shanghai and discuss the latest developments across the trade and export finance and how the industry can capitalize on its strong position as a driver of the markets.
Register now for the 9th Annual Structured Trade and Export Finance Asia Pacific Conference.
For further information on content and speaker opportunities please contact Kelly Yau in Hong Kong on +852 2912 8020 and Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquiries related to sponsorship please contact Dominik Kloiber in London on +44 207 779 8099 and email@example.com
For all enquiries related to marketing please contact Olivia Wong in Hong Kong on +852 2912 8099 and Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org