“Great event to network and get some education on current SSD topics. Every year, Euromoney adds a few new, interesting points to the agenda”
Sven Plass, Head of Division Large Corporations, Corporate Banking, Bank of China
Reflecting on a record Schuldschein market in 2016 and the challenges ahead
At Euromoney Seminars' International Schuldschein Forum in June 2016, we decided to revert to an event dedicated entirely to the German loan instrument. The Forum brought key players in the market back to Frankfurt to discuss how the product is adapting to its increasing global demand, and with over 100 top level executives in attendance was a fantastic success.
Over the course of the two days, we discussed key issues such as Green Schuldschein, future deal sizes, and the thoughts of issuers and investors on why they looked at the product.
With 2016 set to beat 2015’s market volume record, this year we will aim to discuss the longevity and potential of the Schuldschein in attacking the challenges in 2017 onwards. The key question now is no longer can the success be sustained, but how much further can we grow in 2017? Make sure you are in attendance at the International Schuldschein Forum 2017 in March, and be part of the conversation that drives your market forward.
Key themes for 2017 include;
- The Schuldschein as a resilient financing source in turbulent times: Issuer and arranger experience of using the instrument in different market environments
- Increasing interest from abroad: Analysing Schuldschein’s changing identity under internationalisation
- Is a rating necessary in Schuldschein?
- Green Schuldschein: A new string to the Schuldschein bow or a marketing tool?
Key speakers for 2017 include;
- Andreas Petrie, Head of Primary Markets, Helaba
- Michael Mattig, Group Lead, Treasury, Transaction & Inhouse Banking, Nordex SE
- Roberto Cabrera Ferreira, Finance Director, Acciona S.A.
- Ralf Kesten, Manager, Treasury, Steinhoff Europe
- Jing Fong Chiou, VP and Deputy General Manager, Megabank Paris Branch
Why should you attend?
- This is the only dedicated Schuldschein event in the market, providing you with detailed discussion and debate about this niche financial instrument
- Many key players from the market will be in attendance to discuss the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in 2017
- New interactive sessions will allow delegates to make the most of the event and maximise networking potential with experts in the field
Hear from last year's attendees;
“A very good venue to meet with the bulk of the Schuldschein community” - Olaf Hugenberg, Head of Corporate Finance, Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
“The conference provides investors and issuers a deep insight into the motivation to use ‘Schuldscheine’ vs. other financing instruments (bonds, loans etc.)” - Herbert Schädler, Head of Fixed Income Sales, BayernLB
“It’s a great opportunity to meet Schuldschein arrangers, issuers, and investors to discuss the tool together” Jane Chang, VP & General Manager, Bank of Taiwan
“Great insight into the future development of the Schuldschein” Frank Krickelberg, Director, Sberbank
“Schuldschein has proven to be a stable instrument in volatile times” Raphael Klein, Manager of Corporate Finance, Lufthansa AG
“Very good overview about the entire Schuldschein world!” Dr. Marc Schulten, CEO & Co-Founder, FFire AG
“Very interesting panel discussions with issuers, investors, lawyers etc.” Tonio Klinge, Assistant Vice President, ABC International PLC, Frankfurt Branch
“Good platform for conversation and current topics in the SSD market” Sebastian Dahlhaus, Project Manager, NORD/LB
To register, and for any queries about the event, please contact: Ed Thatcher at email@example.com
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Emily Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in speaking opportunities, please contact Sandil Sanmugam at email@example.com